A short and incomplete list of changes since 0.9:
- The first Frugalware Installer Front-End landed in the package repository. Yes, a graphical one! This means currently you can use it to bootstrap a new Frugalware system from an existing one, but we promise we'll improve in this area. :-)
- Initial 'ppc' port. It has been actively tested on Apple boxes: iBook/Power Macintosh models, but IBM hardware is not yet supported (it may or may not work). We also paid special attention to make sure common non-x86 problems, such as playing youtube or Java applets work where possible.
- The support for having a 32-bit chroot on x86_64 is now arrived. The key package is called emul32-tools. If you run this architecture, check out its documentation!
- This release should install and run fine on multiple previously unsupported ASUS Eee PC models, due to the recent installer improvements and the new ath9k driver.
- Package updates:
- Linux 2.6.27 + security fixes
- GCC 4.3.2
- GNOME 2.24.1
- OpenOffice.org 3.0
- More than 800 other package updates
- More than 80 new packages
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
In case your client does not support trackerless torrents, see here.
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
Posted by Miklos Vajna - Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:22:24 +0100