2009-07-07 - Posted by Miklos Vajna
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.1pre2, the second technical preview of the upcoming 1.1 stable release.
A short and incomplete list of changes since 1.1pre1:
- An x86_64 flash plugin is now part of the default installation.
- Just a FYI in case you are using the ext3 filesystem, which is our current default: though we ship the latest stable kernel, we did not switch the default value of the 'data' option to 'writeback', the feature which still makes ext3 seem more robust than ext4 at the time of writing. See here for more information.
- Package updates:
- GNU C library 2.10.1
- Linux kernel 2.6.30
- Xorg 7.4 with xorg-server 1.6
- GNOME 2.26.3
- Xfce 4.6.1
- GCC 4.4.0
- More than 980 package updates
- More than 100 new packages
Download for i686: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.