The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.1, our eleventh stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.1rc2, but 177 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 1.0 in no particular order:
- Up to date packages: Linux kernel 184.108.40.206, GNU C library 2.10.1, Xorg 7.4 with xorg-server 1.6, GNOME 2.26.3, XFCE 4.6.1, GCC 4.4.0 to name a few major components.
- Major review in the documentation: numerous grammatical fixes and various extensions.
- An x86_64 flash plugin is now part of the default installation.
- Etoile is now part of the repository, see this post for more details.
- Major update on the graphical installer (fwife), see the changelog here and there.
- Packaged android-sdk, for those who want network access from Frugalware through their Android phones.
- Just a FYI in case you are using the ext3 filesystem, which is our current default: though we ship the latest stable kernel, we did not switch the default value of the 'data' option to 'writeback', the feature which still makes ext3 seem more robust than ext4 at the time of writing. See here for more information.
- New artwork includes a new wallpaper and a new Gnome theme.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Getorin from our previous stable release (Anacreon), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.
Posted by Miklos Vajna - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:37:34 +0200