The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce
the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.5pre1, the first technical preview of the upcoming 1.5 stable release.
Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.4:
- Package updates:
- Linux kernel 2.6.38
- Gnome 3.0
- KDE 4.6
- Firefox 4.0
- XFCE 4.8 with some bug fix releases (4.8.1), see here the details brought by this version.
- 1.0 release of the core EFL libraries (details)
- New features:
- systemd is now the default init system
- Initial ARM port
- XFCE now has lcdfilter for fonts like GNOME
- Full package archive is now available on DVD only, instead we offer a smaller (~200MB-sized) CD for installing a base-only system.
Please refer to the Frugalware Testing ChangeLog
for more information.
Download for i686: See our mirror list
. Don't forget to check the integrity
of the install images before burning!
: Click here
to read more about what media you need for the installation.
Posted by Miklos Vajna - Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:57:45 +0200