The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.5, our fifteenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.5rc2, but 86 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 1.4 in no particular order:
- Updated packages: Linux kernel 18.104.22.168, XOrg server 1.10.3, GNOME 3, KDE SC 4.6.5, XFCE 4.8, LibreOffice 3.4.2, Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 to name a few major components.
- New version of Pacman-g2 bringing some nice features.
- systemd is now the default init system.
- Initial ARM port.
- The boot splash is now provided by plymouth.
- i686 and x86_64 kernels can now boot from EFI. (However, the bootloader is not yet installable from setup.)
- In addition to EFI support, GPT partition tables are now enabled. gptfdisk is the recommended partitioner for this.
- The setuptools Python package is now replaced by distribute.
Download for i686, x86_64, ppc and arm: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Mores from our previous stable release (Nexon), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.
Posted by Miklos Vajna - Mon, 15 Aug 2011 00:39:33 +0200