2012-04-08 - Posted by ryuo
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.7pre1, the first technical preview of the upcoming 1.7 stable release.
Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.6:
- Package updates:
- Kernel 3.3
- KDE 4.8.1
- LibreOffice 3.5.1
- Firefox 11.0, Thunderbird 11.0, Seamonkey 2.8
- New features:
- Kernel modules are now compressed with XZ
- GRUB2 has replaced GRUB1
- Text installer can now install to GPT labels
- pm-radeon for setting radeon KMS power management at startup
- phc package family brings experimental CPU undervolting
Download for x86_64: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.