The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.7, our seventeenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.7rc2, but 157 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 1.6 in no particular order:
- Updated packages: Linux kernel 3.4.8, XOrg server 1.12.3, GNOME 3.4, KDE SC 4.8.4, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1 to name a few major components.
- slocate was removed and replaced by mlocate
- catalyst has dropped support for all ATI Radeon HD hardware before the 5000 series
- cpupower package has replaced all CPU scaling daemons
- all packages that still used sysvinit have been converted to use systemd
- grub1 has been replaced by grub2
- localtime should now work again
Download for i686, x86_64, and arm: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Gaia from our previous stable release (Fermus), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.
Posted by ryuo - Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:04:43 -0500