The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.4pre1, the first technical preview of the upcoming 1.4 stable release. Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.3:
- teTeX has been replaced by the TeX Live distribution.
- The default Java browser plugin is now provided by OpenJRE instead of the Sun binary.
- This release ships with GNOME 2.32.
- Python has been upgraded to 2.7.
- Nearly 1000 package updates
- More than 100 new packages
Please refer to the Frugalware Nexon ChangeLog for more information.
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.