The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.2pre1, the first technical preview of the upcoming 1.2 stable release.
A short and incomplete list of changes since 1.1:
- KMS (Kernel Mode-Setting) is now enabled by default for Intel and Radeon cards.
- PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) is now part of the base system
- Package updates:
- Linux kernel 2.6.31 + fixes
- GNOME 2.28
- OpenOffice.org 3.1.1
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.4
- More than 900 other package updates
- More than 70 new packages
Please refer to the Frugalware Locris ChangeLog for more information.
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.